Mystery Clue #7

Clue #7
112 nine-patch blocks
March 2017
Another week, another clue to Mystery Quilts for Military project. All of the small three-patch units previously made in Clues 2 and 5 have been combined into 140 nine-patch units: 112 made with three colors (clue #7) and 28 (clue #6) made with two colors.

Currently, I have several sets of 3.5 inch units:

     •  Half-square triangles from Clue #1

     •  Plain Squares from Clue #3
   
     •  Two-patch units from Clue #4

     •  Nine-patch units from Clue #6

     •  Nine-patch units from Clue #7 (this post)

No mention has been made of how these units will be combined into quilt blocks, but I think Sara's prediction that the units will make a Churn Dash block is a good one.


Comments

  1. I'm enjoying this little mystery. Not being a quilter, I have not heard of a Churn Dash block - can't wait to see! Your latest blocks are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have no idea what a churn dash block is, but I am amazed at the patience it must take for these small blocks.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it won't be long now before a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very fun to watch and ALLLLLL a mystery to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job keeping up with the mystery quilt. I've always liked churn dash blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to make this! I have no yahoo account...so I am stalking you. Hee!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if I have the patience to sew the tiny blocks like these but I think I'm going to try. I know they are going to make a beautiful quilt. I'm such a novice at quilting that I can't even imagine a whole quilt of tiny blocks. You are amazing Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are sharing this so I can participate by watching. I can't sew straight enough to make something with all those square angles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many interesting possibilities for these. Very pretty with the red and gold. And that dot is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm getting very curious as to what the pattern is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is all looking so good, I almost feel tempted to join in. However Churn Dash is not one of my favourite blocks so if that is what it turns out to be I may be glad I did not go that far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.