County Fair Success

all the items entered in the 2016 Fremont County Fair
The County Fair was held last week, and the items I entered showed well. I was pleased to bring home 9 blue ribbons, 2 red ribbons, 1 reserve champion rosette, 2 champion rosettes.

Noro Baby Surprise Jacket
Judge's comments on the back of the Noro BSJ entry tag: Wonderful little garment - very nice color work appropriate for garment and age of user.

Noro Hitchhiker
 Judge's comments: lovely color work - fine knitting, too - even points and stitches. Nice, nice!

Encore Baby Surprise Jacket
Judge's comments: Wonderful sweater! Love the colors - stitches are beautiful.

Items entered and ribbon received:
    •  Faroese shawl - blue
    •  Nymphliadia shawl - red
    •  Twined runner - blue
    •  Lacy Hitchhiker - blue
    •  Desk chair socks - blue
    •  Infinity scarf - blue
    •  Gallatin scarf - red
    •  Summer socks - blue
    •  Noro Baby Surprise Jacket - blue and Reserve Champion
    •  Thrifty Baby Surprise Jacket - blue and Champion
    •  Colorful Hitchhiker - blue, Champion - Best in Show Amateur


Comments

  1. I love county fairs and your entries are especially fabulous! Congratulations on your stellar results! It's clear that your judges have a keen eye for impeccable craftsmanship that lends itself to beautiful finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, Congratulations!!! What fun! This makes me want to attempt to enter something to Goshen County next year (not sure if that is allowed from out-of-state).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's a lot of entries!!! Love those surprise jackets...I need to get that pattern,

    ReplyDelete
  4. We actually went down this year to see the entries, especially yours. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. I think ALL of your projects are blue ribbon winners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my! congrats Nancy! such beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not surprised you won the prizes...your work is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW Nancy, you are amazing. Your work is gorgeous and the awards well deserved!! Thanks for sharing your ribbons and rosettes. I feel like I know a celebrity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! I have a couple of friends who always enter their knitting/crochet into the fair but I ALWAYS forget until it's too late. Congratulations on your well deserved winnings. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go! Those are excellent results and it's always nice to have comments that are so complimentary. I haven't entered anything in the county fair since we moved here (10 years) and now I'm wondering why not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done you! Beautiful knitting. Once again you make me want to get my needles out. .....I shall resist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nine blue ribbons, wow! Congratulations. Isn't that Surprise Jacket a fun knit?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! I love both of your surprise jackets. Maybe I should try to make one for my soon to be grandson!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.