Whirligig

Whirligig block
I'm still trying to bring my scraps under control, and progress has been slow. Remember Cobblestones and Rough Road that were made out of the fabric bricks that Marilyn and I shared? When those quilts were finished, the "brick" stack was still pretty high, so I searched my files for a pattern that would use the 3.5 x 6.5 inch bricks.

I found the pattern used to make Star Gazer and decided to make the featured setting in the pattern: PineTree Lodge Designs (Whirligigs #218)

Whirligig
Quilt of Valor
60 x 72 inches
For those keeping track, this is #77 on my Quilt of Valor list.


Comments

  1. I love it! I don't suppose you can ever truly get rid of ALL of your scraps, unless you give them away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just amazed and inspired by that number of QOV that you have made. Wow! This is a pattern that is perfect for the scrappy fabric choice. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im amazed too. Nancy your work is a long remembered gift to folks . An honor, a joy and a warm presence. I love the name of this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design. What a happy quilt!
    On an unrelated note, I spotted a pay phone at Walmart yesterday--and it was being used! I guess there is still demand for them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colorful whirligig! Seems like that's a great pattern to continue whittling away at your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, I love that whirligig design! That is beautiful - and #77! That's dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes I like it! Good job and Congratulations on number 77! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done, Nancy. A very pretty pattern. 77 QOV? Wonderful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are really producing these wonderful quilts. #77 is quite the achievement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.