Guild Retreat

Jeni, Brenda, and Mary
Locker Hooking class
Fiber Guild Retreat
May 2015
Recently, the Fremont County Fiber Arts Guild hosted its annual retreat in Lander. Three classes were held: Locker Hooking, Needle-felted sheep, and Needle-felted knitting gnome. I took the Locker Hooking class, taught by Mary H., who also taught the Beginning Crochet class that I took at the 2014 retreat.

For a minimal supplies fee, I received the canvas, a yard of fabric, and the locker hooking needle.

I finished the mat at home in a couple of nights. I love the technique and plan to make some other mats from scrap materials. Thank you, Mary for being such a great instructor.

completed Locker Hooking mat
The two Needle-felting classes were taught by Nancy J. who posted about the classes on her blog High Plains Footprints.

Vicky, Sandy, and Nancy
Needle-felting Sheep class
May 2015


Comments

  1. There is nothing like learning something new! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such neat crafts, I really like your mat! And those felted sheep..so cute I would love to learn to make them but I probably don't need another hobby:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE your mat! good for you learning new things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mat too! Very nice job! It was a fun day working on these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great thing for a quilter to learn -- locker hooking. Now you have another outlet for your scraps....even if they need to be long scraps! The gnomes and sheep were cute as can be. But I'm trying to minimize my cute little things these days. But if I lived close I would have been all over that sheep class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks like great fun but I would love to learn locker hooking! I have seen the mats and rugs and wondered how they were done. Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure how big your mat was, but looks like it would make a good coaster.

    It reminds me of the loop hooked rugs my mom had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! That doesn't look like the crochet I remember; I like it better. Did you like the retreat?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.