Hoping for a Full Circle


My friend Sue gave me this old photo on Saturday because she thought I might know some of the soldiers pictured and help return the photo to a family member - I didn't, but I thought that Far Side of Fifty could help.

Far Side of Fifty has been successful in returning old photos to family members through her blog Forgotten Old Photographs. When Far Side returns the photos, they are considered a Full Circle: as of today there have been 116 Full Circle photographs. I'm hoping this group photo will become a Full Circle.

Update - May 25, 2015

The photo was featured on Forgotten Old Photograhs today as Photo 1912. Far Side also included all the names that were printed on the back of the photo.

Comments

  1. What a great resource! It reminds me of the site, www.deadfred.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could get lost for days looking at the old photos on her blog. What a fantastic idea and I had no clue that there were lots of blogs out there like this. I really need to retire so I can spend more time on the genealogy thing. I'm the "keeper of the photos/family history" for my mom's side of the family. I inherited all of it from her. Thanks for the interesting resource!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it makes Full Circle too. Did Sue know where (what town) this photo was taken?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I had never heard of Far Side of Fifty or of the Forgotton Old Photos project. Thanks for the information and the link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it is a Full Circle too! I will present it toward Memorial Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful program.

    I have a couple of Army pictures of my Dad's. It so funny seeing him as a young man and acting like one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful resource. I wonder what photos I have that might find a home? I have albumsful from my mother. I'll go take a peak at Far Side of Fifty. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting! I have a few photos that would be interesting to know about. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe the photo was taken at Fort Sheridan outside of Chicago Illinois circa May 1942.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.