Headed to Taiwan

Home of the Brave
QOV awarded
source

The local Quilt of Valor (QOV) presentation was made last week, and ninety-six veterans received quilted hugs in honor of their service.

I was delighted to see that Home of the Brave was selected by Marianne Lambert, who served in the United States Navy and is now a missionary in Kaoshuing, Taiwan. Marianne's smile made my day when I saw this photo featured on County 10.

If you know of a veteran who would like a Quilt of Valor, one can be requested on the Quilt of Valor website.

Quilt of Valor needs more volunteers to make quilts and to machine quilt them. None of those who work at the national or state level of Quilts of Valor are paid - it's an all volunteer effort. Please consider making some quilt blocks or a complete quilt top. If you have a longarm quilting machine, please consider quilting one or two quilts a month for this effort. Let's make sure that every veteran receives a quilt hug for their selfless service.


Comments

  1. There is definitely a happy smile on her face. And I'm guessing you had a similar smile to know your beautiful quilt is so much appreciated. That is one of the most important reasons we quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 96?! How wonderful! Part of the reason I would love a midarm quilting machine is so that I would be able to quilt QOV quilts. Home of the Brave is beautiful and no doubt Marianne will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to consider doing this. I'm going to check out the site and also see if there is anything in my area. That is a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 96 quits that is just awesome!! What a fun filled evening that must have been...so happy to see your quilt go to the lady with the beautiful smile!! Thanks Nancy for all you do for the Quilt of Valor program!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is awesome. What a great smile. Warm hearts and gratitude bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful smile! I can tell that she loves it already. I really like the picture squares. I would join you if I knew the first thing about quilting. I keep toying with the idea but not doing anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her smile too! The Quilts of Valor project is awesome. I'll forward the info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy, thank you for all the QOV's you have made. This veterans smile is worth all the work! I read your blog about every day, we had similar lives growing up on a farm. I am sorry for the lost of your brother, even if it was years ago. Take Care--Julia, Lincoln, NE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ms. Lambert picked a beautiful quilt! It's great that you could get a photo of one of the happy recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely photo! Thank you for all that you do to further such a great cause. We cannot do enough to thank those who serve.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.