Let's Play

Scrap 4.5 inch HSTs
Friday morning, as I was cleaning off the cutting table in my sewing room and organizing the box of scraps, I found a zip bag with some colorful half square triangles (HST). These HSTs were the "waste" cuts from the large flying geese on the quilts Come Fly with Me and Fly Away Home.

The HSTs were calling me to "play" a bit, so I did. As you can see, on the far left, I needed two more HSTs to complete the point. In a flash, I had two more HSTs and began sewing these bright pieces into a baby quilt.

Let's Play
40 x 40 inches

Didn't it turn out cute?


Comments

  1. It did indeed turn out cute. I need to just take all my scraps and put them together and see what I come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great and it's a perfect size. It was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did! I love baby blankets that aren't pastel. This one is destined to be some little person's lovey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEs yes it did!!!! That is beautiful Nancy~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! What a great deal to put left-overs to work creatively. No one would guess you didn't have this planned all along. Primary colors and babies--they go together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This might be one of my favorite designs of yours! I love the mixture of the simple shape and the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! The ever versatile hst! I love it and your playing did indeed produce a darling baby quilt! Adding your cute design to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Playtime! This turned out very cute and some baby is just going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Gives me thoughts about what to do with some of the leftover charm squares I have from a variety of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now THAT is a happy baby quilt! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, you've sure been busy creating some nice things! I am finally catching up on blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.