Foreign Friday

Bangkok paper
Bangkok, Thailand
December 1979
I cannot read a word in this paper, but I thought the written Thai language was beautiful and wanted to take a bit of it home with me.

The paper was purchased from a street vendor next to a photography shop. I suppose the vendor wondered why a lady who did not speak Thai wanted a newspaper.

For some reason, it is difficult for me to put this in the recycle bin.

Bangkok paper
Bangkok, Thailand
December 1979
Oddly, I did not purchase a Japanese newspaper, but I did purchase one in Taiwan.

Comments

  1. It looks like a very confusing language. All the letters look the same. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right - the script is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The letters in their alphabet are interesting...and certainly different from Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the pictures are interesting anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you marvel that anyone can learn to read and understand that script?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful. Second time in the past few days I've been reminded that I once was proficient at calligraphy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a beautiful language and country. Our little Thai daughter-in-law immerses us in the culture whenever possible and we love it. The whole family enjoys the dishes she prepares and the artful way in which she does everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a very beautiful alphabet. I'm sure it is easy to read once you learn the language....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.