Knitting Heaven

Scrap yarn hat
started September 21, 2013
Friday evening, I was given a bag of scrap wool by Katheryn. When I got home and looked in the bag, I couldn't resist casting on a charity hat.

Needle: size 8
Pattern: Simplest Cap of All
Yarn: assorted wool scraps and malabrigo (Rhodesian)

I always love how the stitch decreases spiral on the top of a hat
Most of the scrap wool was unmarked, but even before I saw the label on the rust yarn, I knew from the texture that it was malabrigo. Malabrigo is heavenly to knit: it glides over the needles and has a nice feel.

Scrap hat
finished September 22, 2013
Thank you, Katheryn for these and other luscious scraps that will be knit into items and given to charities.

While working with the Malabrigo, I was in knitting heaven.

Comments

  1. So nice! I too, love how the decreases swirl around the top of the cap. It always amazes me. I have never tried Malabrigo, although I have heard from several sources it is wonderful to work with. Perhaps I need to open the wallet and get some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have looked in that bag of scraps all day long and never saw this great little creation:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that turned out great!! I love Malabrigo too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy hows that snow!! LOVE the hat , any boy or guy would LOVE it. I am copying that pattern down

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hat! I'm with you on the Malabrigo, it is my favorite yarn. I especially love Malabrigo sock yarn I have tons of left over scraps from socks and would enjoy knitting a Malabrigo scrap sock yarn hat--and mitts! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great hat! And add me to the Malabrigo fan list. Ahhh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could "feel" the yarn when you described that glide on the needles. I love the squish of malabrigo and a good quality yarn. Depending on the weight of malabrigo I sometimes get pillage. That makes me sad. Do you need scraps for charity knitting? I admit I am not currently charity knitting myself, but I'm happy to support anyone who is. Ping me on Ravelry if you'd like me to send you some, or if you are looking for something in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cap you made is adorable. The scraps all play well together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cap! Like you - I love how the decreases look. Have you knit the square one? g

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great hat! I just bought some purple yarn for the Purple Crying (Shaken Baby) campaign.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.