Flying High

Hot Air Balloon Rally
Riverton, WY
July 20, 2013
This was the 33rd year for the Riverton Rendezvous Balloon Rally, and out of those 33 years the balloons have been grounded only 2 years (last year was one of the two). 

This year, the sky was a brilliant blue and cloudless. . .nearly perfect for hot-air balloons.

You may remember that I was disappointed that Humpty Dumpty did not fly last year, so I was delighted to see that he was back this year and that his feet actually left the ground.


Humpty Dumpty FLEW


and SOARED


and had LOTS of company. . .


even those that came from far, far, away!

Previous posts and photos of the rally can be seen here.

Comments

  1. That is such fun! We went to the Albuquerque balloon festival one year...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! We ran into a balloon festival in England once and it was awesome. Occasionally we can see a few here, but there's nothing quite like watching them inflate the balloons and send them off. Loved your photos! Oh, and a belated happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see Humpty and all his friends in the air this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is crewing on a balloon team this weekend in New Jersey....it's their 31st year! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully Humpty had a soft landing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of the balloons, Nancy. Gorgeous blue sky! Aren't the colors of the balloons a great sight in the sky!! Humpty Dumpty is sure cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! A hot air balloon ride at dawn is on my bucket list. Humpty Dumpty would have my vote if he was local.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures...thanks for sharing and that sky is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing your photos, and the whimsy of some of those balloons. Hot air balloons make me smile every time I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know where that last balloon originated. :) Fun photos. We really ought to make a trip to Albuquerque for the festival sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the big balloons!! I especially love the cute smile on the face of the alien. Makes you wonder what he is plotting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that looks like so much fun! I totally need to plan a vacation around seeing that. g

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.