Antero Winds

Antero Winds
Flute, Cobus Du Toit; Oboe, Max Soto; Bassoon, Kaori Uno-Jack;
Horn, Megan Garrison; Clarinet, Jerone Fleg
January 16, 2012
Lander, WY
Last week, I attended a local Community Concert in Lander, featuring a quintet called Antero Winds. It was a delightful concert: the music was light-hearted and soothing.

Some of the selections performed were Klezmer Dances for Woodwind Quintet (arr. by Gene Kavadlo and Adam Lesnick), Milonga sin Palabras (Astor Piazzola), Trois Pieces breves (Jacques Ibert), and Fire and Flame (Peter Kwasniewski).

I loved every piece they played and left the auditorium wanting more.


Comments

  1. Good for you to get out and do the things you enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, memories. I was the oboist in our wind ensemble a long, LONG time ago...

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING! The bassoonist is playing without a strap. She must have some STRONG thumbs! LOL

    Sounds like a wonderful concert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must of been wonderful!! I love times like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed the music :) Lucky for you being able to attend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.