Lavender Fields


Janet, the Western Region Oddball coordinator, sent me a circular needle to start a new blanket for the group. When I saw the photo (shown above) in Google images, I knew the blanket had to be named Lavender Fields. It is my hope the blanket will be knit with alternating sections of purple/lavender and green. I think it would be a very attractive blanket.


Here is the beginning of Lavender Fields. Knit on size 9 needles (110 stitches) with Caron Simply Soft (Grape), using the Garter Steps stitch.

Update: December 12, 2011

Update: February 12, 2012
Purple is a hard color to photograph, so I assume
the border is not blue, but purple. 


Comments

  1. Love the picture of the lavender field. I am going this Thursday to a garden place called Lavender Fields. We're making wreathes and having lunch there that includes lavender food, so I am told. I'm looking forward to it. I'll post about it sometime afterwards. I doubt if the lavender is still in bloom though -- we've had a couple of days of frost recently.

    The blanket is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. MIL was fond enough of the field photo, but she loves that start to the blanket. (And I repeated my offer to teach her to knit. Hem.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everyone follows the plan. It will be beautiful, I think, if they do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. I love lavender. One of my favorite scents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always intrigued by your stitch pattern choices...off to check out the steps pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome photo! I can see why it inspired your stitch pattern and color :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.