Round About


One of the first quilt-related trips that my sisters and I made was in 2004. Quilters know that every year Sisters, OR hosts a one-day outdoor quilt show. Hundreds of quilts are hung everywhere - on the sides of buildings, on stands in grassy lots, in restaurants, in stores, literally, everywhere. We enjoyed the trip so much that we are going again in 2010.

We drove to Oregon and stopped at numerous quilt shops both ways. We made a pact to purchase at least one fat quarter in each shop. At the end of the trip, we divided all of the fat quarters into thirds. Each of us had to make a quilt, using all of the fabrics.


I was a novice quilter and picked an easy pattern, the Friendship Scrap Block, and was the first to finish a quilt. I used black fabric to symbolize the highways that we traveled.

Round About measures 68 X 80 inches and was quilted by Quilt, Quilt, Quilt, Etc. in Sandy, UT. It is quilted with an leaf pattern.  The backing is a solid red.

Comments

  1. BEAUTIFUL! YOUR QUILTS ALL HAVE SUCH WONDERFUL MEMORIES BEHIND THEM.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.