I've Got Your Back

Mary Johnson is one of the most creative and generous people that I know. Even though I have never actually met her, I've learned much about Mary's passion for quilting and for helping people from her blog.

She works tirelessly for the Heart Strings Project by long arm quilting and by piecing tops for the group efforts. She also maintains the group blog and prepares online patterns so others can use their scraps to create blocks for the Heart Strings Project.

Several weeks ago, while tidying my sewing room, I decided to ask Mary if she would use some backings for the Heart Strings Project, and she gave me an enthusiastic, "Yes." This was the answer I was hoping to hear because I had a lot of yardage I knew I would never use.

The fourteen backings, pictured above, are on their way to Mary and the Heart Strings Project. If you want to help in any way, I doubt that Mary will turn you down.

Comments

  1. Sounds like the quilt backs are on their way to a good home. I'm sure it's nice for you to know they'll be used to help others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a big undertaking she has. Sounds like she's doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..Looks like a lot of work...

    Hope you are having a great week...
    Hugs :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOo wonderful that you shared your fabric stash for such a great cause. Mary makes some great string quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - How wonderful are you! I am just tickled that you were so generous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your backs on Mary's blog - nice to see them on your blog and make "the connection" ... I love what Mary does to help us help others!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I really, really appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.