Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, March 9, 2009

Outside My Window. . . a light snow is falling. It is so fine that it is difficult to see unless highlighted by a dark background. It appears to be persistent and will probably fall all day, leaving a measurable accumulation.

I am thinking. . . about making a short road trip this week, just to get out of town for a day. I need some new scenery. Today's snow may delay the trip.

I am thankful... that I can stay home today. Another volunteer wanted to work my shift at the hospital today. I got to sleep in on a snowy day, and I don't have to get out in the snow. Life is good.

In the kitchen... the ingredients for a pot of soup are on the counter. Snow days are perfect for making soup.

I am wearing... my robe and pajamas. I am being lazy this morning, remember.

I am creating... another Oddball blanket for the West Coast group from my stash. This one is blue and white stripes, using a seed block stitch.

I am planning... to start another within the next week or two.

I am reading... nothing at the moment. I just finished Forever Odd by Dean Koontz and plan to begin The Gingerbread Girl by King next.

I am praying... for patience.

I am hearing... the drone of an airplane, preparing for landing. I can almost tell time by their approach during the day.

One of my favorite things... a warm bubble bath, a good book, and a cup of tea to soak life's worries away.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week. . . a) send the support group newsletter, b) haircut

A quote worth sharing. . .

“All human wisdom is summed up
in two words - wait and hope”
~ Alexandre Dumas ~




~If you'd like to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook (each Monday), you can visit The Simple Woman's blog here. To get instructions for participating, click on The Simple Woman's Daybook icon in her sidebar.

Comments

  1. Nancy, your description of your day makes it sound like the kind of day I'd like to step into for a spell.

    Though it is a tad cooler today, we've had to run our a/c the past few days. The idea of a snowy day and hot soup on the stove sounds quite enticing.

    It takes a brave soul to pray for patience! ;-)

    Enjoy your lovely day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowday sounds like ours. We lounge in our jamaies and make a pot of hot soup.
    I hope you find the patience you pray for !
    Have a warm safe day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..Nancy..
    Where are you traveling too?? Not too far I hope??
    I am hoping this means the SOB is better...
    I cannot believe you are having snow still..it is almost 80 here and muggy out..
    Take care and be careful on your journey:))
    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the snow doesn't mess up your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I love a good haircut and look forward to mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.