Breaking News

Nearly three months ago I emailed the reporter for the Health section of the only state-wide newspaper in Wyoming, the Casper Star Tribune, and requested she write a story about Pulmonary Hypertension during November. I tried to pique her interest with facts about PH. Then a three weeks later, I presented her with a packet of information and invited her to our September meeting. I hoped that she could attend and interview our members who are scattered across the state. The reporter said she was interested in the topic but that her schedule was full. I was discouraged, but hopeful.

Then last week she called and interviewed me over the phone; I gave her contact information for my co-leader and another member and emailed her some photos of our group. Not knowing when the article would appear filled me with anticipation.

Sunday's paper always has an ad that hints at the articles to be featured in the coming week, and when I read the paper, there was one of the photos I had sent. Our group was going to be in the Health Section on Tuesday, three days away.

Those three days crawled by, yet today he excitement was like Christmas morning. I could barely contain my delight when the paper was delivered, and I ripped it open like a long-anticipated gift.

The article can be read here.

Comments

  1. The efforts of your group are paying off. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I will try this again.I left a comment and it went poof,,lol.
    Way to go Nancy !!!
    I have printed the article.It is a great piece and shows how hard your group is working.You have really done very well.You go Girl!
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
    ((((hugs))))
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Nancy! Your hard work and persistent efforts are obviously making a difference in a lot of lives, and will continue to do so.

    The well written article was very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy how cool was that, a gift before Christmas. What a warm article. It diffently spreads the awareness of PH.

    May your support group grow and prosper. You are a Blessing, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy,
    Thanks for the Tiny url lesson.By the way did you know your story was also listed in a Google Alert.That's is fabulous for awareness.I will e-mail it to you.
    Happy Thanksgiving !!!
    Great Job on Awareness
    (((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.