Organized Scraps

This morning, I achieved one of my goals for the month: my scrap fabric piles have been tamed. It always amazes me how much less space the scraps take to store when they are cut and organized. I used Bonnie Hunter's techniques for taming my scrap fabric.

Bonnie has tutorials for using even the smallest scraps to make Crumb Quilts and String Quilts. I don't know what kind of a quilt I will make from my scraps, but at least the fabric is cut and organized and is ready when I get inspired.


Cutting fabric accurately takes me a lot of time, and I despise it; thus, I delay it as long as I can. Now that I my scraps have been tamed and are housed in one drawer, I think I can stay motivated to cut any future scraps as soon as I finish a project. I do not plan of saving the tiniest bits of fabric that do not fit into the standard sizes categories because I know that I will never use them. My goal was to organize my work space and to keep useful fabric.

This chore can finally be checked off of my "To Do" list.

Comments

  1. I love the feeling of achieving organization. Unfortunately, I don't experience it very often. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy being organized. I just don't like getting there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.