Olympic Knitting

Just like many other knitters, I have been spending my time in front of the TV marveling at the accomplishments of the athletes from around the world and making good use of my time by knitting. Of course, I do some mindless knitting because I get too caught up in the events to concentrate on a pattern.

I rescued some small balls of yarn from my scrap bag and knit some garter stitch 12 inch squares. I'll send them to a woman who joins them to make lap robes for nursing homes. It always amazes me how the squares turn out. I am partial to the one I have on the needles right now, as the rich colors look good together.

I am nearly finished with a wool sweater for the afghans for Afghans Youth Campaign. For some reason the garter stitch on the sleeve portion seems to take forever to see any progress, compared to the garter stitch squares that take no time at all.

At any rate, by the time the Olympics is over, I should have a finished sweater, a pile of 12 inch squares, and a lighter scrap yarn bag.

Comments

  1. Mindless knitting is the way to go with the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE BLANKETS AND SWEATER. YOU SEEM TO BE AS BUSY AS A LITTLE BEE THESE DAYS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done plenty of crocheted squares for folks stitching things together (6-8-12 inches), but haven't done any knitted ones. Are you using regular ww yarn? To make a 12 inch square, how many are you casting on, and what size needles are you using?

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knit these squares on size 8 needles, using worsted weight yarn, and cast on 56 sts. Of course, your tension (gauge) may be different than mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.