Monday, October 23, 2017

Thick & Thin Socks - revisited

Noro neutral socks
October 2017
I started knitting this pair before I went to Colorado (the cuffs, heel flaps, and gussets were finished), and I completed the foot and toe sections before the road trip to Durango. Even though the sock on the right looks larger, it is the same size as the sock on the left.

Knitting notes can be found here

Dee and Vera gave me the nudge I needed to revive my sock knitting mojo. Since beginning the  I ♥ Fall Knit-Along on October 1st, I've knit four pair of socks and have two more pair on the needles.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Changing Seasons

Autumn Quilt Block
October 2017
Most of the leaves fell from my Ash trees while I was in Colorado, and the young man who winterized my sprinkling system offered to rake the leaves (for free) because he wanted them for his dairy goats to munch. I gladly accepted his offer.

Saturday was a dreary and snowy day with no real accumulation because the ground is still warm, but soon that will change.

I love living in an area that has distinct seasons even though they do not always occur in a typical or predictable order.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Afghan Knitting Project

thirteen blocks for Afghan Knitting Project
October 2017
I learned about the Afghan Knitting Project to benefit families of students who are being sponsored by Project Amigo from Jeni V. (fiber guild member) and used wool scraps that another guild member (Katheryn E.) gave me for charity knitting.

The project accepts both 5 inch or 6 inch squares (knit or crochet). I chose to knit 5 inch squares from Katheryn's wool.

Some of the yarn that Ellen sent me will be used to knit more squares for the Afghan Knitting Project.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

I ♥ Fall Knit-Along - revisited

I ♥ Fall Knit-Along socks
October 2017
I finished the second sock at Marilyn's house on a snowy Monday afternoon, and two days later snapped the photo on the leaves that dropped off after the storm.

Knitting notes can be found here, here, and here.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Quilt of Valor UFO

blocks and fabric donated by Pat S.
October 2017
Pat S. from Virginia sent me a quilt UFO (unfinished object) that is destined to become a Quilt of Valor. The blocks are paper-pieced and all finished. Two rows are sashed and sewn, but I need to remove the paper from the back, add sashing to the rest of the blocks and add a border or two (Pat included extra yardage) to meet the QOV size requirements.

Thank you, Pat for allowing me to complete your project, which will bring comfort to a veteran.

Monday, October 16, 2017

Surprise Package

yarn from Ellen
October 2017
On Friday I picked up my accumulated mail at the post office and was surprised to find a package from Ellen (The Ellen Report). Tucked inside the box was a variety of worsted weight yarn (scraps and full skeins) and two skeins of sock yarn.

Ellen thought I could use the worsted weight yarn for charity knitting and included the sock weight as a special treat for me. The hank of brown and gold yarn (University of Wyoming colors) will be perfect for knitting a pair of Cowboy Joe socks! Knitting will commence very soon.

Ellen, thank you for sending a box filled with fiber goodies. Your kindness is beyond measure.

Friday, October 13, 2017

Knitting on the Road

I managed to do a lot of knitting on the road trip. The cuffs of the socks were knit on the way to Durango, the heel flaps and heel turns were knit at the motel in the evenings, and the foot on the trip back to my sister's house.

The weather was gorgeous on the trip, but we headed back a day early because snow was predicted and arrived on schedule.

Monday was a good day to stay inside . . .

in front of the fire . . .

fraternal twin socks
and finish knitting Marilyn's socks.

Match 100 socks finished

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...